This is reputedly one of the finest medieval bridges in Somerset, if not the whole South West. It is a very small two-arched stone bridge dating back to the 14th Century, which was bypassed as early as 1831 when the Yeovil Turnpike Company built the nearby Easthams Bridge a little upstream, which is now used by the A30.
Constructed of local ashlar Ham Stone, the bridge has all the richness of this beautiful material, softened by the extensive growth of trees on this stretch of the river, which unfortunately makes it difficult to photograph! The two segmental arches each have four ribs underneath to add strength to the structure. The roadway is only single track, which is one of the reasons it was bypassed.