Hele Bridge stands at an ancient crossing point of the River Exe to the east of Dulverton. Today it carries the B3222 across the river, but its history can be traced back to the middle ages, with records showing that the bridge was repaired in 1628 and again in 1866. In 1892 it was widened - it is still effectively only single track - and this can be clearly seen with the south, downstream side of the bridge being somewhat grander than the north side. Indeed, the cutwaters rising to refuges and the ashlar facing stone should be more appropriate for the upstream side of the bridge, where the cutwaters would spread the water from the piers. However, instead the north side of the bridge is still the plain old rubble faced wall, albeit with rubble cutwaters which extend to the tops of the arches.