Droichead Bhéal Átha Liag
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Longford • Roscommon|
|Transport Infrastructure Ireland|
Lanesborough Bridge is a six-arch road bridge built in c. 1835–43 and carrying the N63 over the River Shannon some 17 km road kilometres west-southwest of Longford town. Like other Shannon bridges of the period, it originally had a metal swivel section – in this case at the north-west end. This was replaced c. 1975 by a fixed concrete span with concrete piers. The original parapets were removed and the road/footpaths widened with cantilevered reinforced concrete sections/decks to either side c. 1993.