Fictional Road Numbers
|Fictional Road Numbers|
|"The Archers" uses consistent fictional road numbers|
|Pictures related to Fictional Road Numbers|
View gallery (4)
Roads often feature in drama series, either in television, on radio or in books. Sometimes to add to the "authenticity" of the fiction, road numbers are used. Usually these numbers are dreamt up by the relevant author or production team, but occasionally the Department for Transport are aware of their usage and may suggest numbers to be used. Where the DfT are aware, those numbers are blacklisted from use for a period of time, usually three years.
- M91 - used for BBC Drama The Day Britain Stopped. Filmed on M96 in Gloucestershire.
- M101 - used in the book of Blott on the Landscape. Not knowingly blacklisted and suggested for the Leeds Southeastern radial if the M1 was to go West of Leeds.
- M399 - used in the TV series Blott on the Landscape. This number, whilst unlikely to be ever used in reality, is permanently blacklisted by the DfT.
- A648 - forms part of the Hotten Bypass in Emmerdale, meeting the B6523; Image.
- A1328 - featured in the film Johnny English Reborn, where the titular character follows the road in a helicopter to the fictional town of Dingham. Video of the scene
- A1702, A1793, A1823, A1829, A1835, A1992, A9110 - local roads in and around Ambridge, setting for The Archers. This places Ambridge in north Yorkshire (sector 17xx), Lincolnshire (sector 18xx) and Fife (sector 91xx).
- A7665 - featured in The Sarah Jane Adventures episode "The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith" - the fictional village of Foxgrove was demolished to make way for this road.
- B402 - not to be confused with the real B402, the fictional one was featured in Episode 1 of the BBC drama Paradox, as the road to the fictional settlement of Marlingham (supposedly near Manchester and Northwich)
- B42551 - a green sign bearing this number appeared in an episode of the 2018 BBC1 serial Requiem, set in Wales.
- B1900, B1985, B3700, B4879 - local roads in and around Ambridge, setting for The Archers. This places Ambridge in Northumberland (sector 19xx), Somerset (sector 37xx) and Herefordshire (sector 48xx).
- B6523 - road to Hotten in Emmerdale.