|Location Map ( geo)|
|Junctions related to the Oxford Ring Road|
Originally there was just a few country lanes serving the local villages. The opening of the northern bypass in 1934 cut through these lanes and a staggered crossroads was formed. This remained until the early 1970s when the bypass was dualled and the partially freeflowing GSJ that exists now was built.
In the early 1990s plans to bypass Cutteslowe Roundabout and Headington Roundabout would have made both sections of the new A40 meet at Marston. A roundabout would be added to the north side of the junction to connect the diverted sections of the current A40. These schemes were scrapped in 1994.
|Ring Road, Cheltenham, Evesham (A44), The Midlands (A34) (M40)|
|Ring Road, London (M40)|