The Bridge over the Kinnel Water at St Ann's is a substantial structure. A single stone span crosses the steep valley, with small accommodation arches on either bank. The bridge is well decorated, but sadly the footpaths that appear to have formerly run along the riverbank now seem to be overgrown and little used. The bridge is built of the local red sandstone and is an impressive structure, with castellated parapets and unusual square recesses below the roadway level.
The bridge was built in 1795 (although some records suggest 1782), and substantially widened on the southern side in 1817. However, it is still a narrow structure! The parapets continue across the embanked western approach to the bridge, with a sharp kink between them and the actual span. The carriageway across the bridge also includes further sharp bends, with junctions at either end. This, and the narrowness of the bridge has led to the installation of traffic signals at either end to limit traffic to one-way at a time.