|Location Map ( geo)|
The name refers to a gateway which was built at the entrance to Bevois Mount House, roughly where Lodge Road is. There were two tall pillars with statues of deer on them. In 1919 these were claimed to be an obstruction to traffic and were removed.
In the 1960s it was reported that at least some of the stone had been taken to Regent's Park, and is now underneath a housing estate.
|City Centre, Docks|
|London, Winchester, Gen. Hospital|