|Worcester-Wolverhampton-south of Stafford Trunk Road|
|Route outline (key)|
The T49 was a British Trunk Road created in the 1946 Trunk Roads Act. It was listed as the Worcester - Wolverhampton - south of Stafford Trunk Road, and ran along the A449. Oddly, its original northern terminus does not appear to be the logical location of Stafford Town Centre, but 617 yards north of Bull Bridge in Penkridge, roughly here at SJ923147.
Today the route has been mostly detrunked, with only the section north of Wolverhampton between the M54 and A5 being the responsibility of Highways England. The southern section between Wolverhampton and the M5 at Worcester was detrunked on 1 October 2007; whilst the northernmost section between Gailey Island and Stafford was detrunked on 17 May 2002.
An image has been requested for this article.
- Trunk Roads Act 1946
- The A449 Trunk Road (Dudley, Staffordshire and Worcestershire) (Detrunking) Order 2007
- The A449 Trunk Road (A5 Gailey Roundabout to the A34 Queensway, Stafford) (Detrunking) Order 2002