Town Bridge (Monasterevin)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Pillbox on the bridge|
The bridge is a five arch stone arch bridge and was, according to Kildare Local History built in 1832. The Buildings of Ireland website, however, gives a date of c.1780.
A pillbox was built on one side of the bridge during the Second World War to defend the town.
|Town Bridge (Monasterevin)|