The Upton-upon-Severn Bridge is a crossing of the River Severn in Worcestershire constructed in 1940. The current bridge replaces a former swing bridge constructed in 1854 to the south of the current bridge. The current bridge cost £50,000, while the adjacent viaduct to the east cost an extra £18,000.
The first known bridge crossing the river here was a wooden structure in the 1400s, replacing an earlier ferry. In 1576 construction started on a new stone bridge funded by a tax on the people of the town. The bridge was partly completed in 1593 when citizens started to refuse to pay the tax. By 1606 the part completed bridge had fallen into disrepair and was falling down. An Act of Parliament was passed to complete the bridge within 3 years. In 1852 the stone bridge was washed away by a flood, with a new iron swing bridge being constructed in its place between 1853 and 1854.