Wiki:Things to do
We've written a lot of articles, but there are still other, minor tasks that need doing! The good news is that most of these tasks only takes a few minutes, and each one helps things improve. So why not give it a go?
The Great C Road Hunt
Feel free to put here any articles that you would like to be created. Equally, feel free to create and add information to any of the articles below:
- NC500 - Forums Thread
- Operation Stack - Forums Thread
- Road Markings/Red Route
- Pedestrianised areas
- Low Emission Zone
- Grand Trunk Road (India) (the first recorded use of the phrase "trunk road" was in relation to this road)
We're working at making our road signs pages better - see forums thread for further information here.
Mountain and Hill Passes
We've made a start at mountain and hill passes.. but there is still a lot to do.
- Template:Hill passes
- http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36650&p=864621#p864621 - Forum thread
Many junctions have got names - many of which are pubs or landmarks by the junction (a large number of which are no longer present!). You can help by including your own local knowledge, or researching junction names and (in either case) contributing the results to the articles, with links to supporting evidence (if available). A list of junctions is here: Category:Junctions.
Link forum threads to talk pages
Where a forum thread provides useful information on an existing or new piece of road, why not link the thread to the wiki article's talk page? Examples include Talk:A120
- Adding more historic maps to SABRE Maps (forum thread)
- Wiki:Defunct roads without a map - A listing of all defunct roads which do not have a map specified. These will need a historical map uploaded for use, or a SABRE Maps extract added, which is explained in Help:Routeboxes.
- Category:Articles without grid references lists all road pages with no grid references given in the infobox.
- Category:Pictures without coords lists all images without location information.
- Wiki:Pages needing images - A list of all pages without images.
- Wiki:Maintenance Categories - a well maintained wiki is a healthy wiki - lots of day-to-day maintenance is required for anyone with a bit of spare time
Articles that need work
- Category:Unrated articles and Category:1 star articles both list articles where extra content is most desperately needed.
- Category:Pages That May Need Updating - A list of all articles where an update has been requested
- Category:Incomplete Lists - Lists that are known to be incomplete
If you're looking to get involved in something in more depth, then the following may be things you might like to consider:
- Category:Projects - A list of improvements in a particular area of the SABRE Wiki
- If you are a developer and want to help contribute development time to help us make the wiki, maps, and web forum better, please get in contact*
The Top 100 Pages
It's simple really - we've taken the 100 most commonly accessed articles on SABRE's main resource, and are asking people to pitch in and help out in improving them.
All articles in the Top 100 Hits are given a star rating, and the simple goal is to get them all moved up. We have a nice table laid out on this page: which both shows all of the entries in the Top 100 Hits and will automatically update as we're going along.
Those articles are dotted around the country, with a few general topics in there too, so there should be something there for everyone to be able to get involved with!
If you're not sure where to start, then this post contains some useful guidance and some Q & A items.