Is Luxembourg still the cheapest for diesel?

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Chris56000

Is Luxembourg still the cheapest for diesel?

Post by Chris56000 »

Just a quickie one!

Can anyone recommend a good cheap fill-up in Luxembourg reasonably convenient from the A1 or A3 motorways please?

Chris Williams
RichardA35
Elected Committee Member

Re: Is Luxembourg still the cheapest for diesel?

Post by RichardA35 »

Unsure about Luxembourg, but in respect of your other bit of itinerary, Hautes Alpes (and Turin) was in the range of 1.97 - 2 euros for diesel yesterday.
Octaviadriver

Post by Octaviadriver »

We went through Luxembourg in June on our way to Croatia and filled up with diesel here on the motorway heading south away from the city.
https://goo.gl/maps/3EJkLVRRvM3Y9L7C6

I don't know if it's the cheapest in that area, but the location is convenient and we didn't want to faff around looking for somewhere off the motorway. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was cheaper than France or Germany and a fill up got me to Slovenia, where diesel is cheaper than any of the other countries we were visiting. There's a good shop and café after the filling station and I assume cigarettes are cheaper as there's a large display of them behind the counter and many appeared to be buying large packs of 200, though we're non-smokers so I can't be sure of that. SWMBO always buys packs of Jacobs coffee that she likes as she says its cheaper here. I think they were €5 each.
exiled
Committee Member

Post by exiled »

Follow your nose, and I'd say check on GSV for 'station-service' and you can check if food is available as well nearby. Strassen, Luxembourg City, Dudelange,

Currently Luxembourg is 10 to 30 c/l cheaper than any of its neighbours.
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
M19

Post by M19 »

Total has just dropped their fuel prices by 20c per litre in their station in France.

It was very busy filling up. I paid €1.75 for their posh Diesel.

https://totalenergies.com/media/news/pr ... -programme
M19