Mislabelled Classified Roads

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Skipsy

Mislabelled Classified Roads

Post by Skipsy »

So I have seen this sign in Kingston reference the B3317, and couldn't find anything about this mystery B-Road in the area (it exists somewhere else). Then I came to the realisation that it's likely that at some point, some person must have misheard the B3370 (which does exist in Surbiton) as the "B three three seventeen" rather than "B three three seventy", and now its made its way onto a sign.

Not far away in New Malden, a sign accidentally labels the B283 as the B238. It's frustrating but also not all that important.

Post any other examples below. Not sure if this thread is gonna be considered too similar to the Botched Roadsigns thread by you all?
WHBM

Re: Mislabelled Classified Roads

Post by WHBM »

They are really just typos on the sign, not as apparent as those in the text, which we have noted several in the past.

"A1 Hatfield and The Norht" was a famous one in North London for some weeks.
Osthagen

Post by Osthagen »

The A74(M) is referred to as M6 a few times :coat:
"I see the face of a child. He lives in a great city. He is black. Or he is white. He is Mexican, Italian, Polish. None of that matters. What matters, he's an American child"
- Richard Nixon
JoshBostock01

Post by JoshBostock01 »

There used to be this sign in Dunfermline which referred to the A916. However, the A916 is actually the road from Methil to Cupar. This road is actually the B916 and the error was eventually fixed.

However, when you actually reach the A916, this sign refers to it as the A915. It still hasn't been fixed.

The A955 through Dysart is mislabled as the A921. The A921 doesn't appear until you are well through Dysart. This error is repeated on multiple signs at this junction.

Finally, I can't prove it, but this sign is now gone and has beem replaced by an identical sign that mislables the A85 as the A83. If it's not this sign then it's another one along this stretch of road.