B9034 at Fraserburgh (mystery)

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

roadphotos

B9034 at Fraserburgh (mystery)

Post by roadphotos »

Does anyone know where the B9034 is in Fraserburgh, the Wiki says that since 2017 it has ran along South Harbour Road and now joins the B9033 at a roundabout but I can't see any maps or atlases that show the B9034 doing this, they all show the B9034 as a short road that runs between the A90 and A98 in the town, even the OpenStreetMap shows this. Also the Wiki also says that the current B9034 runs along what is shown on all maps as the A98 near the harbour, either the Wiki is wrong or all maps are incorrect, does anyone know ?, also according the the Wiki the B9033 has been extended and now links the A90 to the A98 around the west side of town but no maps show this either.
rileyrob

Re: B9034 at Fraserburgh (mystery)

Post by rileyrob »

You are right, there is some mystery over these.
As per this thread: viewtopic.php?t=40864 , Aberdeenshire undertook a review of their classified routes a few years ago, and changed these two routes in Fraserburgh amongst others. Or at least that was what was thought at the time. Some of these changes have definitely been carried out, others seem not to have been done.

These are the current route lists on the website: http://publications.aberdeenshire.gov.u ... blic-roads and for these two B roads in Fraserburgh in particular, this document: http://publications.aberdeenshire.gov.u ... s-list.pdf shows the routes as described in the wiki - B9033 reaches the A98 and B9034 uses South Harbour Road etc.

The Wiki is therefore correct as per the councils records, but last time I checked streetview there had been no changes to signs, so these changes seem to have slipped beneath the radar on mapping updates.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.

From the SABRE Wiki: B9033 :

The B9033 follows the North Sea coast to the east of the Aberdeenshire port of Fraserburgh.

The route starts on the A90 (former A952) at Lumbs Crossroads and winds north, then northeastwards as it skirts the Crimonmogate estate, it then follows a series of long straights across the more-or-less flat coastal plain, passing a scattering of farms and houses as it slowly gets closer

... Read More