OS Miniscale

Talk about items you find on SABRE Maps - interesting features, historic road layouts etc. Also contains announcements of new maps available on SABRE Maps.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Truvelo

Re: OS Miniscale

Post by Truvelo »

Steven wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:02 As it's January, along with the additional year of old maps dropping out of copyright, the OS have released the latest Miniscale.

It's now available on SABRE Maps for everyone to enjoy.

Other than the abolishment of Cumbria, what other changes can you find on there from the 2023 edition?
I'm surprised the current A30 and A303 dualling schemes aren't shown completed. Map makers tend to get ahead of themselves with these sort of things.
How would you like your grade separations, Sir?
Big and complex.
Ross Spur

Post by Ross Spur »

Steven wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:02 Other than the abolishment of Cumbria, what other changes can you find on there from the 2023 edition?
The former A523 through Poynton is not shown now (following opening of the Relief Road) and Preston Western Distributor Road to M55 J2 is shown as complete.
Ian
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

Great news!

Thanks to a contact within Ordnance Survey, we now have the full set of OS Miniscale releases from the first OpenData release in 2010 to the latest 2024 edition, confirming SABRE Maps as the largest online repository of these maps available anywhere in the world - and I believe that we're the only location where you can actually view all of the editions.

So, this means that we now have a great overview of all changes in the road network over the last 14 years.
Last edited by Steven on Wed Mar 27, 2024 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Post by Chris5156 »

Steven wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 09:20Thanks to a contact within Ordnance Survey, we now have the full set of OS Miniscale releases from the first release in 2010 to the latest 2024 edition, confirming SABRE Maps as the largest online repository of these maps available anywhere in the world - and I believe that we're the only location where you can actually view all of the editions.
That's fantastic! Nicely done :D
Ritchie333
SABRE Developer

Post by Ritchie333 »

Steven wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 09:20 Thanks to a contact within Ordnance Survey, we now have the full set of OS Miniscale releases from the first OpenData release in 2010 to the latest 2024 edition, confirming SABRE Maps as the largest online repository of these maps available anywhere in the world - and I believe that we're the only location where you can actually view all of the editions.
Woohoo! Now I can almost watch the A1 through Yorkshire get upgraded to motorway in real time.

:bounce:
--
SABRE Maps - all the best maps in one place....
frediculous_biggs
President

Post by frediculous_biggs »

Oh wow, that's fantastic
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!