A925 and Schrödinger's cat

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Summers-lad

A925 and Schrödinger's cat

Post by Summers-lad »

I've been trying to work out whether A925, like Schrödinger's cat, is alive or dead. Earlier versions of the wiki described it as a defunct number for Reform Street, but this has since changed to a live number for Gas Brae. On a visit to Blairgowrie a few years ago I recall seeing (A93) on some signs around the town centre, and not on A923, which suggested to me at the time that A925 was still extant, although its number didn't appear on any signs. Others have clearly come to the same conclusion, given the wiki entry. I also remember seeing it as current on P&K Council's list of roads, but at present the list doesn't seem to be on their website.
Gas Brae makes sense, as the most obvious route for A93 in 1922 would have been Blairgowrie Bridge - Allan Street - High Street - Perth Road, leaving A923 to turn from Bankhead into Reform Street and then multiplexing until Dunkeld Road. Gas Brae would therefore have required another number, making it A925. However, the OS large-scale mapping (which I tend to trust) now shows the whole of the Reform Street / High Street / Allan Street / Gas Brae box as the A93. This also makes sense nowadays given the one-way section.
So is A925 still alive somewhere in the box, or is it not?