Useful French Autoroute Route layout site

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

m11ldncam

Useful French Autoroute Route layout site

Post by m11ldncam »

Hi

Was checking to confirm the status of services on the newly opened section of the A28 between Rouen & Tours and found this site.

<< http://saratlas.free.fr/index.php?page=accueil&lang=en >>

Whilst the column headings are not exactly user friendly it does show the junctions rest areas and lane drops ecpecially on the one lane sections!!
luchar

Post by luchar »

Even that the English is quite shacky on that website, and that I've sent corrections to the webmaster, who thanked me but didn't do anything else. :roll:

They also forgot an expressway! A 1.2 strectch of D988 in Essonne (91) going from one roundabout to the other through a dualled covered trench. Of course, it is dual carriageway, but with only one lane of traffic each way... Quite pathetic.
m11ldncam

Post by m11ldncam »

Thanks for that.

The reason I was looking specifically at rest areas is that I am driving down over 2 days to SW France with an handicapped person and as such we need to stop regularly. In the past the Aire de Repos have been most useful rather than taking pot luck on some RN roads.

The French autoroute page shows the link open on the home page but under facilities for handicapped people the detailed regional reports for each autoroute is still not updated so am unsure if we do take that road are there any places open or will we need to turn off.

Do you know of any other useful site that would assist?

I have checked the ALIS site and they say there should be 6, one Total service area is open and another has a temporay cabin set up.
luchar

Post by luchar »

Caution! On the ALIS part of A28, only FOUR of the SIX service areas are opened !!!

Check this website too:
:arrow: http://www.autoroutes.fr/index.php
m11ldncam

Post by m11ldncam »

Thanks, I had a feeling that might be the case that they were not all fully open as I had seen this on a few other French travel discussion boards as people were recommending others to ensure that they had enough fuel for this section to avoid turning off.

The Autoroutes site is where I had got the detailed service area listing for usage by handicapped people from but will keep my eye on it for updates.

As an aside on one of the other discussion boards above there was mention that one peage on the A28 there is a new system where the ticket is obtained at an off line area before passing the booths. Have you heard about this?
luchar

Post by luchar »

It isn't the standard system with which you get the ticket at the entrance and pay when you exit?
There might automatic ticket machines and automatic cash registers... But I've not heard about that system. I'll see what I can find...
m11ldncam

Post by m11ldncam »

Thanks for this. I've tried to find the post I saw this mentioned but no joy.

To summarise I think they said that you pulled over to the side area (presumably like the Admin Block) to get the ticket then pulled out to pass through the booths as normal but obviously not stopping as usual to get the ticket. Did have a thought that because the road had only just opened the machines at the booths were not operative but why would they have installed the machines offline anyway. They said it was causing confussion not just to visitors but the french drivers also. There must have been some sort of check / barrier as you could drive through without obtaining a ticket !!

I'll be driving that way hopefully in the next month so will be able to check it out