Hoover Dam Bypass US93

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Haydn1971

Hoover Dam Bypass US93

Post by Haydn1971 »

After watching a TV show I recorded a few weeks ago on megastructures, I thought I'd have a look at the Google Earth view of the Hoover Dam... Something caught my eye, a short length of new roadway being built just the south... I wonder what that is ???

Well checking a few Google pages, finally found me this Welcome to the Hoover Dam Bypass Website

Notable for it's "wow" factor, even to me a seasoned 3D Studio user of 10 years, was the animation available for download halfway down this page Animation

An amazing piece of highway engineering...

Now wheres my fantasy plan for the Scottish Highlands west coast motorway ! Dream on !
Regards, Haydn

:: Visit My roads in Sheffield mini site
:: View my photostream on Flickr
si404

Post by si404 »

yes, it looks good. Hopefully US93 will be at least D2 between LV and I-40. The Hoover Dam bypass is the hardest and most needed bit, yes Arizona don't seem to bothered about US93 south of here. When I was there in '03 it looked pretty impressive what they had done so far, and they had barely started. I wonder if they'll have something impressive on the state line (halfway along the bridge), like the two clocks on the dam (which show the same time during summer, as AZ doesn't have DST)

Simon
coasterjunkie

Post by coasterjunkie »

US93 over the Hoover Dam was a huge bottleneck the first time I was there back in 1994. Coming from Nevada onto the dam, it's a long way down to the valley from the final hairpin!

Andy