Roundabout Calendar

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

phil elliott

Roundabout Calendar

Post by phil elliott »

It was reported on the local (West) Midlands Today today that a company in Reddich have produced a 2003 calendar showing Roundabouts in the town.
A spokesman said "We tried to think of the most nerdy subject that we could". It has been so popular that the initial print run of 1000 has been increased 5fold and the staff of 4 doubled.
They claim that the December picture is of the first ever mini-roundabout
Phil
David D Miller

Post by David D Miller »

There's an item on the BBC News Website with more details and a picture.
For small quantities, the cost per calendar is ?7.50 plus ?2.00 for UK postage & packing. To order, send a cheque for ?9.50, made payable to "BB Print Digital Ltd", to:
BB Print,
Unit 3, Rubicon Centre
Broad Ground Road
Lakeside, Redditch
B98 8YP
Unfortunately, they can't accept credit card payments, so a cheque in the post is the only way to order. For bulk quantities (10+), the price goes down to ?6/calendar, plus P&P - contactBB PrInt for a quote on shipping.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ooh nice! Do they have an aerial shot of the famous cloverleaf I wonder?

Paul

Awayday on Saturday -- please let me know if you can come
Regards,
Paul
Guy-Barry
Banned

Post by Guy-Barry »

Reading about this in today's Guardian I discovered that there'sa Roundabout Society that meets in a pub in Croydon. I knew there had to be a society somewhere that was even more esoteric than SABRE...
Guy
M19

Post by M19 »

Can anyone Think of other themes? I have a few suggestions:
Terrific T Junctions;
Marvellous Multiplexes
Magic Multi-Storeys
With regard to the latter, I made a purpose of visiting that large concrete number that towers above Gateshead, used in the film, Get Carter. It looks very shabby now, but if it was built today i'm sure it would have been very impressive as construction tecniques and design would have been much improved. The whole town centre itself was a product of 1960's planning with rooftop servicing and two-level shops, now populated with low quality discount shops and pawnbrokers.
A19
M19
PeterA5145

Post by PeterA5145 »

<<Can anyone Think of other themes? I have a few suggestions:>>

On a vaguely serious note, you might be able to sell a fair number of "Pre-Worboys Signs" calendars if you threw in one or two fingerposts in pretty villages.

"Motorway Junctions from the Air" would probably find some takers, too - and the theme could be continued for many years.

Regards,

Peter
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” – Robert A. Heinlein