Volvo C70 Advert - Where is it?

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

AAndy

Volvo C70 Advert - Where is it?

Post by AAndy »

Hi,

.........I'm getting the urge to drive on that road shown in the advert, you know......a must do thing!

Does anybody recognise where the ad is filmed, the bit where they fold the roof down and then drive along an S2 'above the clouds' ? ......a fabulous experience it would seem :lol:

I hope its in europe though ....it may not be of course.

Thanks
Andy
t1(M)

Re: Volvo C70 Advert - Where is it?

Post by t1(M) »

AAndy wrote:

Sorry to disappoint

Here are some that are (a bit) closer to home, though
M60-Tony

Post by M60-Tony »

In 1989 when my eldest sun was learning to drive I took him over the A6024 Holme Moss road one Sunday. A road we know very well.

It was a beautiful sunny day at the top. However the valley on the Yorkshire side was completely filled with cloud. As we descended towards Holmfirth there was a sudden transition from sunlight to thick fog. We parked up and, like a number of others at the time, walked up and down in and out. Really strange head in the sunlight, feet almost invisible.

Totally surreal.
Tony

"We have more and more laws, and less and less law enforcement."
AAndy

Re: Volvo C70 Advert - Where is it?

Post by AAndy »

t1(M) wrote:
AAndy wrote:

Sorry to disappoint

Here are some that are (a bit) closer to home, though
Thanks t1(M) :D :D ......... Looks like a long haul then, mind, I've not been to that part of the world before!!

M60 Tony, I've driven down into the cloud at Holmfirth before.......the first time i drove over the mountain there in '95.

I do get to see a few here too, though the weather conditions have to right. The cold inversion here on the 16th- 19th of feb this year seemed right, but it wasn't until the 18th that the glorious happened and the top of the inversion came down to 400m . Here's a photo taken from the u/c road by Belfont. Pen-y-fan is the mountain in the distance