Where are the Little Chefs going?

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

roadtester

Re: Where are the Little Chefs going?

Post by roadtester »

Re BK. This has several offers on its app - e.g. large Whopper meal for £5.99.

You don’t even need to use the app to order - you can just look up the code on the app and give it verbally when you order at the drive through or indoor till.
Electrophorus Electricus

Check out #davidsdailycar on Mastodon
exiled
Committee Member

Post by exiled »

roadtester wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 14:56
exiled wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 14:30
roadtester wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 14:03 Even McDonald’s is getting quite pricey now - £7.09 for a standard Big Mac meal.

Thankfully this high pricing is easily circumvented by using the £2.99 Big Mac and fries voucher you can get by doing a short online survey.
Yup, sticker shock can surprise anywhere. Mentally the prices of these things are the price they were when you were a habitué, a McDonald's meal is still in my head £3.99, but I know it is approaching £10 fast.
Yes - even Spoons has gone up quite a bit.

Objectively, all of these options are still fairly affordable, and I’m sure the increases are often justified as costs have gone up and so on but it’s still off-putting when everything seems to so much more expensive than it was just a few years ago.
30% Toryflation since 2020 on food and it really feels it sometimes. Worst thing is when you find an old flier and the prices are 50% of what they are now and that was only about 2017.
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
wallmeerkat

Post by wallmeerkat »

For some reason NI Burger King eateries don't support ordering via the app, when McDonalds and KFC apps work perfectly fine. BK is the default burger takeaway in the relatively new NI motorway services - https://www.google.com/maps/@54.6938529 ... ?entry=ttu
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

rhyds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 16:06
The problem with Telford is that the BK at M54 J5 is located (along with KFC, Costa and a couple of Instavolt charging stations) on a LILO on the A5 Rampart Way, which means if you want to get back on to the M54 you either have to go down to the A442 roundabout and do a full circuit to come back to J5 or Take the A442/A464 and rejoin at J4. 5G on the other hand is on a retail park just north of J5 so getting back on your way is a heck of a lot easier.
Last year I was having dinner at the hotel next door with a bunch of friends. For a Saturday night the service and menu options were appalling and there were only 30 people across 6 tables that night. The restaurant manager admitted there was a problem with staff that evening and gave us a good discount and an apology.

During the long waits for our food I kept looking out at KFC and wondering if I'd not be better off walking over the road and bringing back a fresh cooked chicken dinner.
I was less happy the next day when spotted the Burger King and realised I could have had a far better burger and fries for less than the reduced price I'd paid at the hotel.
Glenn A

Post by Glenn A »

Little Chef was namechecked in a recent episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet where Oz recalls smashing up a Little Chef at Wetherby in the seventies on the way back from a football match. Not sure if there was a Little Chef at Wetherby, but I do remember the one at Boroughbridge on the A1.