Damaged Signs

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

tom66

Re: Damaged Signs

Post by tom66 »

This one is still damaged in 2023:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.26918 ... 384!8i8192

Some works are being done to this junction to improve capacity so it'll be interesting to see if they change this sign at the same time.
CableTracer

Post by CableTracer »

the cheesecake man wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:47 Not really a damaged sign, more like some fine damage contaminated by a trace of sign.
From experience of this, i'd say that the lowest plate was left on as the vehicle mounted MEWP wouldn't allow the bucket to go out low enough to allow an operative to undo the bolts on that bottom section. The slope of the ground would have also prevented reaching up to undo the verge sides bolts. A different MEWP would likely have been sought to complete the removal. Quite an expensive mistake if you don't have further closures booked.
JackieRoads

Post by JackieRoads »

The "Bristol A38" arrow sign at it's junction with Cowslip Green, the top corners don't stick to the board anymore, so they look like they're about to fling off. I've never seen this before, very rare.
Fantasy Strip Map Creator- feel free to send me some requests!

As a wise roadie said, don't make any mistakes in building roads.