Traffic Lights, is this correct ?

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

doebag

Traffic Lights, is this correct ?

Post by doebag »

I went through this junction yesterday, and the traffic lights/signs look odd.

Are the green arrow/turn left signs wrong, or is it correct as there are no black/white chevrons on the roundabout.?

Lower Clapton Road and Lea Bridge Road, London.
boing_uk
Account deactivated at user request

Re: Traffic Lights, is this correct ?

Post by boing_uk »

Its not wrong, per se. Although it should probably have chevrons on it, its essentially just a small gyratory system.
flyingscot

Post by flyingscot »

boing_uk wrote:Its not wrong, per se. Although it should probably have chevrons on it, its essentially just a small gyratory system.
Probably trying to avoid sign clutter or inconsistency with other arms? Quiet a unique place for a bus stand but I think it is good use of redundant space.

On reflection it might be brought up in a safety audit in any case the risk is fairly low, it is signed and if someone was going wrong way it would be low speeds and no slip roads either.
To come second is to be the first of the losers.
WHBM

Post by WHBM »

flyingscot wrote: Quite a unique place for a bus stand but I think it is good use of redundant space.
London has a bit of a tradition of this, from bus stands up the centre of wide one way streets through to a whole bus garage at Plumstead built in the middle of a large roundabout.
Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Post by Chris5156 »

WHBM wrote:
flyingscot wrote: Quite a unique place for a bus stand but I think it is good use of redundant space.
London has a bit of a tradition of this, from bus stands up the centre of wide one way streets through to a whole bus garage at Plumstead built in the middle of a large roundabout.
This is my favourite bus stop - it's just chucked in where there's a bit of extra space. Never mind that it's across the stop line for the roundabout... :)