M2/A2/A299 Brenley Corner - HE promising improvements

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Peter Freeman

Re: M2/A2/A299 Brenley Corner - HE promising improvements

Post by Peter Freeman »

^ Well, that is interesting. It needs to be larger, sited (a) early on the ramp, (b) just before the stop line, (c) exactly where it is now, and (d) on the northern bridge.

I would also use a sign that says "Use both lanes for A2 Dover". I know it's not standard UK practise to have 'wordy' signs, but I do think it would emphasise the point. Perhaps make an exception?!
Bryn666
Elected Committee Member

Post by Bryn666 »

Peter Freeman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:43 ^ Well, that is interesting. It needs to be larger, sited (a) early on the ramp, (b) just before the stop line, (c) exactly where it is now, and (d) on the northern bridge.

I would also use a sign that says "Use both lanes for A2 Dover". I know it's not standard UK practise to have 'wordy' signs, but I do think it would emphasise the point. Perhaps make an exception?!
That sort of worded sign has and is still used in numerous places, but a full lane allocation sign would help more.
Attachments
Brenley.jpg
Bryn
Terminally cynical, unimpressed, and nearly Middle Age already.
She said life was like a motorway; dull, grey, and long.

Blog - https://showmeasign.online/
X - https://twitter.com/ShowMeASignBryn
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@BrynBuck
Peter Freeman

Post by Peter Freeman »

Bryn666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:32 That sort of worded sign has and is still used in numerous places, but a full lane allocation sign would help more.
Especially if it was on a gantry halfway up the off-ramp so it can't be missed.
AnOrdinarySABREUser

Post by AnOrdinarySABREUser »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here's a report on J7 from May 2023.

I'm sure that most of us know about the April 2015 document but I'm uncertain about the new one.

It seems like the M2 J7 improvement scheme is going into the RIS4 pipeline alongside the A2 Dover access scheme. Someone ought to rename that topic to (RIS4).

Let us pray that they make the right choice of freeflowing major movements rather than creating another double banana like M6 J19.
AOSU
Mapping roads and schemes on OpenStreetMap!