Inkscape road signs

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Nathan_A_RF

Re: Inkscape road signs

Post by Nathan_A_RF »

Conekicker wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 23:10 On the right hand pair, have you applied TSM7 Fig 5-6 to the various blocks of text (and the dead-end arm)?
Indeed, using Figure 5-6, there are 12sw horizontal and vertical gaps between the destination blocks, however I did not know that the 12sw gap also applied to the dead-end arm - I followed Figure 5-46 for that one and made sure the block was at least 6sw above it (admittedly that figure doesn't give guidance on angled dead-ends and block spacing). I can amend the vertical distance to 12sw above the dead-end symbol.
Conekicker wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 23:19 If it was an A&E one, possibly it would be. You might very well want to give it a bit more prominence on a sign than an arm that "just" led to a village. Horses for courses.

No one is going to whine if a designer made an un-numbered route arm 4 or 2.5 s/w. Well OK, they might on this site... :wink: :roll:
A&E it is, so 4sw it shall be, thanks. I'm here all night for the whining and pedantry!
Nathan_A_RF

Post by Nathan_A_RF »

Made some tweaks, now 14sw gap between blocks and dead-end symbol, and addition of M27 patch on one sign. Meanwhile I've been looking at the next junction (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.93415 ... 188302,19z), which has very outdated signs. What I've done so far with those:
Attachments
u1.jpg
u2.jpg
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

The centre Hollybrook sign is fine. The other two are, errm, brave. It's not normal to sign two junctions together, can you post a Streetview link to the roundabout please?
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
Nathan_A_RF

Post by Nathan_A_RF »