Mystery Sign (to me)

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Nathan_A_RF

Re: Mystery Sign (to me)

Post by Nathan_A_RF »

JackieRoads wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 20:10 Does this look like Euro Truck Simulator 2 ProMods? IDEK
Correct!
JackieRoads

Post by JackieRoads »

Nathan_A_RF wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 23:11
JackieRoads wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 20:10 Does this look like Euro Truck Simulator 2 ProMods? IDEK
Correct!
I pretty much kind of recognised the custom signs, because I've seen some kind of fair content lately, but ETS2 & ProMods go well on TruckersMP.
Fantasy Strip Map Creator- feel free to send me some requests!

As a wise roadie said, don't make any mistakes in building roads.
Octaviadriver

Post by Octaviadriver »

Chris5156 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 21:29 I think you're right about the higher limit at night - it was always an interesting choice for Poland to let people go faster in built up areas at night, so seemingly they've got rid of it and stepped into line with the rest of Europe.
Compliance levels in Poland always seem low as I've driven through the country many times and I'm often tailgated and/or passed in towns and villages if I'm driving at 50 kph.

When I first went to Czechoslovakia in the early 1970s, there was no speed limit outside built up areas and at night there was no speed limit in those areas either. I wouldn't want to try it though as most of the roads were very poor, especially where there were tram lines or level crossings.
WhiteBlueRed

Post by WhiteBlueRed »

Octaviadriver wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:12 When I first went to Czechoslovakia in the early 1970s, there was no speed limit outside built up areas and at night there was no speed limit in those areas either.
In the Soviet Union, originally there only was a 60 km/h speed limit in built-up areas. There was no speed limit outside of built-up areas. It was up to the driver "to drive at such a speed, at which he could maintain control of the car."
Back then most cars were hardly capable of going above 100 km/h.

"There is no speed limit, but think about safety!"

That was the case until the new Rules came into force in 1980, which introduced a speed limit outside of built-up areas. Drivers with less than 2 years of experience were limited to just 70 km/h, while drivers with 2 or more years of experience could drive up to 90 km/h.
In 1987, the speed limit outside of built-up areas was raised to 90 km/h for all drivers.