Changing the heading in an article

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Brenley Corner

Changing the heading in an article

Post by Brenley Corner »

I've been spending a few minutes correcting minor errors for the A28 around where I live. I noticed that the A28 Wincheap Roundabout entry actually referred to the "Mincheap" roundabout. Whilst I was able to edit the details on the page and in the Junction box, I was unsure how to edit the main heading and I didn't want dig deeper or play around for fear of messing it all up.

How is it done? I'm sure its simple and within my capability if I knew how and where etc.

Thanks,
Tony
Brenley Corner: congesting traffic since 1963; discussing roads since 2002

From the SABRE Wiki: Mincheap Roundabout :

REDIRECT [[Wincheap

... Read More
rileyrob

Re: Changing the heading in an article

Post by rileyrob »

Done for you - there is a 'more tab' at the top from where you can move the page to the correct name. This automatically sets up a redirect, but it is good practice to ensure that all links are corrected too.
These can be found on the 'What links here' in the menu on the right, but it includes all links, including secondary links via templates, and takes ages to update.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.
Brenley Corner

Re: Changing the heading in an article

Post by Brenley Corner »

Thank you so much for your help :thumbsup: ; I shall take a look at the 'More' tab later for my future reference
Brenley Corner: congesting traffic since 1963; discussing roads since 2002