Route confirmation signs in un-obvious places

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

JohnnyMo

Re: Route confirmation signs in un-obvious places

Post by JohnnyMo »

A1 on the exit from a Starbucks just north of Peterborough
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie" - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Johnny Mo
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

JohnnyMo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 16:34 A1 on the exit from a Starbucks just north of Peterborough
That's not un-obvious at all, it's more or less the correct distance from the road junction just north of the bridge preceding it. RCS, if provided, should be sited 100-400m after a junction.
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

nowster wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 00:21
Rillington wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 I think there are occasional examples of this on our motorway network where there is a RCS in a location other than after a junction or after services. I think there was one heading east on the M62 between 37 and 38...
It's here, just after J37: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oLUbJRcfRCjpKJi96
Again, in more or less the right location after the end of an entry slip, in this case around 400m or so.
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
JohnnyMo

Post by JohnnyMo »

Conekicker wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 18:21
JohnnyMo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 16:34 A1 on the exit from a Starbucks just north of Peterborough
That's not un-obvious at all, it's more or less the correct distance from the road junction just north of the bridge preceding it. RCS, if provided, should be sited 100-400m after a junction.
While I agree if that road was important the A605 junction does not look like it's heavily used. In fact I cannot find any signs for the A1 ( South) which would direct any traffic to that junction incl here. This could be one of those SABRE searches, find a junction between two A-Roads (at least one primary) with less signage than this one.
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie" - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Johnny Mo
Rillington

Post by Rillington »

Conekicker wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 18:24
nowster wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 00:21
Rillington wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 I think there are occasional examples of this on our motorway network where there is a RCS in a location other than after a junction or after services. I think there was one heading east on the M62 between 37 and 38...
It's here, just after J37: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oLUbJRcfRCjpKJi96
Again, in more or less the right location after the end of an entry slip, in this case around 400m or so.
I thought that, at one time, there was an eastbound RCS on the M62 midway between junctions 37 and 38 given the distance between these junctions.
Gareth Thomas

Post by Gareth Thomas »

There was this one I noticed on the M1 last year - the topic mentions a few others too.
My journey with testicular cancer!
https://garethishalfnuts.wordpress.com/

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads..."
-Dr Emmett Brown
ikcdab

Post by ikcdab »

Not in an unobvuious place, but a contender for the greatest aggregate mileage on a single RCS?

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1715243 ... &entry=ttu