Dualling A64 from Hop Grove to Barton

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

When will the A64 from Hop Grove to Barton be dualled

by the end of the decade
6%
2030s
44%
2040s
19%
not at all
31%

Total votes: 16

Rillington

Dualling A64 from Hop Grove to Barton

Post by Rillington »

Given the variety of views about if/when this will happen, I thought it would be a good moment to see in the form of a poll when we think this might happen, if at all.
stu531

Re: Dualling A64 from Hop Grove to Barton

Post by stu531 »

I'd like to hope so. The whole of the North Yorkshire coastline (well, Filey up to Sandsend) would benefit, and it would certainly help economically.

(Not mentioned here, but I also think the A64 from the A1 to York should be widened to three lanes; more traffic heading this way would further burden this stretch.)
NICK 647063

Re: Dualling A64 from Hop Grove to Barton

Post by NICK 647063 »

It will have to be done at some point as other roads get upgraded the A64 starts to look even more neglected! The trouble is these days even when you get as far as the DCO being granted you seem to get these ridiculous legal challenges, the A47, A428 and now the A66 are the latest ones.