County signs

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Karl Bough

County signs

Post by Karl Bough »

Does anyone know where pictures can be found of the county signs that appear on motorways (and other roads) at county boundaries? I found a civic heraldry website some months ago, and it has the logos/coats of arms for the various counties/boroughs/districts. If anyone can find them, I would be grateful if they could post them as an attachment (if possible).
NEV

Post by NEV »

Hi
I have photographs of the signs foralmost every ENGLISH county, including some that no longer exist. I will be happy to try to answer any questions you may have.
Cheers. NEV.
michaeltidd

Post by michaeltidd »

There is a very good website of civic heraldry for the UK and abroadhere:
http://www.ngw.nl/
Michael
Karl Bough

Post by Karl Bough »

You said, quite a while ago now, that you'd be abletoget the county signs and scan them in, so that they're available for viewing from the Pictures section. I just thought I'd remind you, as I suspect I'm not the only one who'd be interested. I've seen the Civic Heraldry website recommended by another contributor to this thread,and was very impressed, but would still like to see the scans of the actual signs themselves made available on SABRE.