The Party Starts at 9.00 p.m. 15.08.02

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

IAN

The Party Starts at 9.00 p.m. 15.08.02

Post by IAN »

Just visited the chatroom only two of there at the moment, we've decided to start the party at 9.00 p.m. Don't forget to bring a bottle !
AKA M5 Driver
M65 Andrew

Post by M65 Andrew »

Sorry to vanish from the party without explanation- my computer was overcome by the alcohol or something.
IAN

Post by IAN »

No problem, I've just been refreshing my knowledge of the 'Historic Lancashire Motorways' site . In the M58 section there's a great map showing some of the motorways you mentioned.Unfortunately it's impossible to make out numbers but roads shown include :- 'M59' , Link from 'M59' to Southport, M58 extension into Liverpool and west to M61 and M57 extension west (but not very far interestingly).
AKA M5 Driver
IAN

Post by IAN »

Oops, that should be M58 extension east to M61. (message 4 was a mistake too - I think I'm going to bed, too much to drink at the party obviously !)
AKA M5 Driver
M65 Andrew

Post by M65 Andrew »

Great - the maps shows the planned spur at M6 J27 - always suspected something was planned there because of the bridge in the field but not seen any plans before. It doesn't quite show the M57 extension south to M56 J13 across the Mersey and in the north the A565 is not far off motorway standard from about the point wherethe proposed M57 ends.