Roads opened in 2023

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Ross Spur

Roads opened in 2023

Post by Ross Spur »

I've come across the following road openings listed in the Wiki for the year:

A15 Yaxley Loop Road - 23 July 2023
A508 Roade Bypass - 21 August 2023
A523 Poynton Relief Road - 6 March 2023
A582 Preston Western Distributor Road - 3 July 2023
A585 Little Singleton Bypass - 18 December 2023 (single lane running)
A3822 Forder Valley Link Road - 28 February 2023
A5010 Etruria Valley Link Road - 23 January 2023

I expect that there are more, so help appreciated.

See https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/ind ... es_-_2020s
Ian

From the SABRE Wiki: Network changes - 2020s :
list of the changes to the road network in Great Britain from 2020 - 2029.  Includes road openings and renumberings.

|

... Read More
rileyrob

Re: Roads opened in 2023

Post by rileyrob »

Although not complete, the A9 diversion north of Perth and a section of the new road west of the A93 opened to traffic last year. It will be at least a year before the new bridge over the Tay is open though. I don't know the exact dates.
Cross Tay Link Road

I'm sure I came across a new road in the central belt towards the end of last year too, but can't think where. It wasn't a big scheme though.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.

From the SABRE Wiki: Cross Tay Link Road :

The Cross Tay Link Road is a long term objective of Perth and Kinross Council to provide a third crossing point of the River Tay to the north of Perth, which is now due for completion in Spring 2025. Since first proposed, the route has seen several design changes.

The route will start at a new junction on the A9 to the north of the Inveralmond Roundabout, which involves moving the whole dual carriageway to the west for around a kilometre to provide enough space

... Read More
rileyrob

Re: Roads opened in 2023

Post by rileyrob »

I've remembered! It's the Winchburgh Junction between the B8020 and M9, which opened last April. Other realignments / new roads in the village are ongoing.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.

From the SABRE Wiki: Winchburgh Junction :

Winchburgh Junction is a dumbbell junction on the M9. It is numbered Junction 1B, and has been provided to facilitate additional development, serving no real strategic purpose. The nearby village of Winchburgh is currently growing with the addition of substantial areas of new housing, and is clearly seen as being a new dormitory village for commuters to Edinburgh and further afield. Plans are also progressing

... Read More