|From:||Hall Quay (TG521076)|
|To:||Northgate Street (TG522081)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met:||A12, A47, B1140, A47|
|Now part of:||B1141|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1026 formed a short bypass of Great Yarmouth, avoiding the original route of the A47 which followed the main King Street through the town centre.
The road started on the A12 after that road had crossed the River Yare. The A1026 then headed north along North Quay (which is not actually along the river) to meet the B1140 Acle Straight. It then turned to climb Fuller's Hill, meeting the A47 which then left town along Northgate Street.
Owing to the short length of the road it is not known for certain how long it lasted. The road is marked on the 1928 MoT map but no later, so it is likely that the road disappeared in the renumberings of 1935, becoming a spur (or mainline) of the A12 or A47. Today, the route is part of the B1141 ring road.