Broadford is the second largest village on the Isle of Skye, and lies towards the east end of the island. It is a strange strung out place, created by the merger of a number of settlements, with the village centre lying at the far western end of the village. The main road through the village is the A87, formerly the A850 which was renumbered after the Skye Bridge was opened. The bridge has given Broadford a boost, not just because it is now closer to and easier to access from the mainland, but also because Kyleakin is now bypassed, meaning that Broadford is the first stopping point on the island for many visitors.
It is at the western end of the village, just to the west of the Co-op Supermarket that the B8083 turns off to the south, heading for Elgol which is at the end of a long, meandering route around Loch Slapin. This route was previously the A881, but downgraded when the Skye Bridge was built and the A87 extended across the Isle of Skye. The Junction is a simple give-way T junction, but despite some large signs it can be easy to miss due to it being just one of a number of side roads and driveways in quick succession.
A little futher to the west, just across the bridge, is another junction, this time with a road heading north to the old steamer pier on Broadford Bay. This was originally classified as the A854 back in 1922, but after the steamers stopped calling at Broadford, traffic on the road dwindled dramatically, and so the road has been declassified.
For the junction with the A851 at the eastern end of Broadford see Skulamus Junction.,