Midland Bridge (Bath)
|Midland Bridge (Bath)|
|From:||Bath, Green Park|
|To:||Pines Way, Bath|
As its name suggests, Midland Bridge was originally built by the Midland Railway Company to improve access to/from their Green Park Terminus Station on the western side of Bath City Centre. The station opened in 1869/70, and the bridge presumably dates from the same time. It is a Truss Bridge carrying the S2 B3118 across.
The Former station was renovated in the early 1980s as part of Sainsbury's agreement to get planning permission for a new store. The store (and car park in the old trainshed) are accessed by a bridge a little further downstream which uses the piers and abutments of the old railway bridge, although the deck was replaced.