|Location Map ( geo)|
|Torgoyle Bridge, looking East|
|Crossings related to the A887|
Torgoyle Bridge or Torgyle Bridge crosses the River Moriston near Dundreggan. It carries the A887 trunk road on a single lane, this bridge and the road for a short distance either side remains as a single track road, although the rest of the A887 was upgraded from single track to S2 in the 1980s.
The current bridge consists of three stone arches and was built in 1823 by Joseph Mitchell to replace a c.1811 bridge built by Thomas Telford which was destroyed by floods in 1818.
The bridge has been category A listed since 1971.
Historic Scotland: http://hsewsf.sedsh.gov.uk/hslive/hsstart?P_HBNUM=14996