The bridge across the River Tummel in Kinloch Rannoch at the eastern end of Loch Rannoch is an interesting 4-Arch stone structure dating back to 1764. It was built, as so many in the Highlands were, with funds raised from the sale of the forfeited estates after the Jacobite Rebellions.
The bridge is a tall structure, spanning a wide fast-flowing river (although the flow is somewhat moderated today by the Hydro-electric schemes upstream). Of the four arches, the northern seems to be a flood-arch, with only a shallow flow when the river was otherwise full. The remaining three span the main stream, with piers supported by substantial cut-waters.
The date stone on the middle of the bridge also mentions that the bridge was rebuilt, and the date appears to be 1949.