|Location Map ( geo)|
Poldar Bridge is a 19th century lattice girder bridge carrying an unclassified road across the River Forth some 2.5 miles (4.0 kilometres) north-west of the village of Kippen in west Stirlingshire. The road is a no through road providing access to farm buildings.
The present bridge is from 1882, designed by Walter Paul of Killearn and constructed by P. & W. McLellan Clutha Iron Works, Glasgow. It replaced an earlier suspension bridge of unknown date. Maps from the early 19th century show a toll house at the south end of the bridge, no trace of this now remains.
Historic Environment Scotland