|Location Map ( geo)|
Broomhill Bridge is a timber bridge spanning between stone abutments and resting on 15 timber trestles, some of which sit in the water. The five trestles across the main channel of the Spey also have triangulated truss sections along the parapet fence. In order to cope with the vast quantity of floodwater that can pass through this part of Strathspey, the bridge is considerably longer than the main river channel is wide! The bridge was built in 1894 by the County Council, and is believed to have formed a new crossing point on the Spey.
To the north of the bridge, the road climbs steeply up the side of the valley floor to meet the A95 at Broomhill.
The structure was restored to something like its original condition in 1987.