|From: ||Sir Georges Street (ND115682)|
|To: ||Princes Street (ND114682)|
|Length: ||0.1 miles (0.1 km)|
|Met (1959): || A882, A840|
|Now part of: ||unclassified|
The A8001 was originally found on the 1934 edition of the Ordnance Survey ten mile map. It was then thought to have been swept away in the 1935 Road numbering revision, however, it is still shown on the 1959 1:10560 map of Thurso in St Johns Square, apparently connecting the A882 and A840. It is not clear whether the number applies ot the north, south or both sides of the square, with smaller scale OS maps showing a variety of options in the area. Whether it ran any further or not is unclear, nor has it been identified specifically on any further maps to track if this was it's only route or not.