Clydesholm Bridge was built across the River Clyde a little to the west of Lanark in 1699. It is a 3 arch bridge with all the arches of the same width, and the piers resting on small islands on the upstream side of the bridge, with the river having split into 3 channels which meet at the crossing point. The piers have diamond shape cutwaters which rise straight into pedestrian refuges - although there has been very little traffic on the bridge since 1959. The roadway is very narrow - barely wide enough for two cars to pass - and had a sharp double bend on the eastern bank to climb the hill towards Lanark.
The bridge was bypassed in 1959 with the opening of the Kirkfieldbank Bridge, and since then it has primarily been a footbridge, which also accesses a couple of properties. The Clyde Walkway path now also crosses the bridge.