The Elvanfoot Bridge, sometimes known as the Clyde Bridge or Rowantree Pool is a historic bridge found on the B7076. Built by Thomas Telford in 1806, it was the main road from Glasgow to Carlisle. Made out of Sandstone, the bridge was very busy until the opening of the WCML in the 1850s. It wouldn't be as busy until the coming of the car. In 1923, the bridge was classified as part of the A74. The bridge until the 1960s was S2 when the dualing of the A74 made it a very narrow D2. The bridge was like this until the opening of the A74(M) in 1994 when it was bypassed by the Elvanfoot Motorway Bridge. This was done quite early in the 1990s upgrades because of this bridge. Once the Motorway Bridge opened, it was
converted back to S2 and it became the B7076.