The A6114 is a short primary road forming an impromptu eastern bypass of the Lancashire town of Burnley. The road was originally unclassified and gained its current number in 1933, as it is not marked on the 1933 OS Ten-Mile map, but is marked on the 1934 edition.
The road starts at traffic lights near Burnley FC's Turf Moor ground. The A671 TOTSOs here to enter the town centre and the A6114 continues its route northwards. It follows the residential Belvedere Road before a few bends take it past Queen's Park into Queen Victoria Road. We remain semi-rural for a bit longer until we bear right into Eastern Avenue. This is tree-lined and reasonably attractive, even if it does run through an industrial estate.
The road bends to the left and continues north, now residential on the left once more, although there are some large buildings on the right - educational and industrial premises. We bend to the left to cross a roundabout and the road soon becomes residential on both sides just in time to pass Burnley General Hospital. There's another bend to the left and the road ends at traffic lights on the A682.