|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Stoney Stoke (ST711320)|
|Distance:||2.2 miles (3.5 km)|
|Met (1923):||B3093, A357, B3090|
|Now part of:||B3081|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B3096 was a short road in east Somerset.
It started on the B3093 at Stoney Stoke, a couple of miles north of Wincanton, and headed south into the small town. The original terminus would have been North Street, when the main road still passed through the Market Place. However, in the mass renumberings of 1935 both the B3096 and B3093 were renumbered as a spur and greatly extended mainline of the B3081.
An image has been requested for this article.