|Location Map ( geo)|
|Junctions related to the B701|
The B701 (the old Edinburgh ring road) runs from Gilmerton to Barnton. It multiplexes with the A71 for a short section east of the roundabout.
The junction is in the form of a four-way roundabout with pedestrian underpasses connecting the four corners. The junction is located in a rather unattractive commercial area, with Sighthill industrial estate to the north. There is housing to the south, and St Nicholas Parish Church stands on one corner.
According to OS maps, the junction has been there in some form at least since 1923.
|Kilmarnock, City Bypass, (A720), Livingston, West Calder|
|City Centre,Sighthill, South Gyle Rail Station|
|Lanark (A70), Wester Hailes, Colinton, Rail Station|
|Sighthill Ind Est., Recycling Centre, Srevenson College|