This article is about the pre-1935 version of the A346, now A338.
For the current A346, see A346
(former A346) about to cross the A342
The original A346 was a fairly short A-road on the edge of the Salisbury Plain.
The road started on the A344 (later A303, now bypassed) at the Park House crossroads to the south of Shipton Bellinger. The road headed north through the village and then continued through Tidworth to cross the A342 to end in Collingbourne Ducis on the original route of the A345.
In 1935 the entire road was renumbered as part of a rerouting of the A338 and the A346 number was reused in the same area.