This article is about the original A374, which ran between Donyatt near Chard to Colyford on the south Devon coast.
For the current A374, which links Marsh Mills to Trerulefoot via the Torpoint Ferry, see A374
The former A374 (now the A358
) at Waggs Plot
The original A374 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Colyford - Axminster - Chard - Donyatt - Junction with A358.
The road started on the A358 to the north of Donyatt, near Ilminster, and headed south via Chard and Axminster. It ended on the original route of the A35 (now A3052) to the east of Colyford near Seaton on Devon's South East Coast.
As part of the changes associated with the creation of the A303 in 1933, the A374 was taken over by a rerouting of the A358. It remains this number.