This article is about the former A818 in Campbeltown. For the current A818 to Helensburgh, see A818.
The former A818 Main Street, from Campbeltown Quay
According to the 1922 listing, the A818 was a very short link road in Campbeltown from the A83 to the pier. Mapping evidence now shows that this was the northern half of Main Street, from Longrow to the pier, with some maps suggesting that the road continued along the pier itself.
Apart from the original 1920s MOT maps, the road is never numbered (although remains marked as an A-road), so it is not clear whether the A818 number became defunct and the road became a simple spur of the A83. However, evidence from the A817 in Lochgilphead may suggest that the A818 number remained in Campbeltown until the 1960s or later. It is now part of the B842.