|Distance:||2.3 miles (3.7 km)|
|Now part of:||B8087|
|Route outline (key)|
The A871 is the former number for the east coast road on the Isle of Colonsay. This road provided a shorter route between Scalasaig and Kiloran than the more roundabout A870 which detoured via the west coast. It started at the same point as that road, at the top of the pier in Scalasaig, heading roughly north to Kiloran just over 2 miles away, ending back on the A870.
The road was unclassified in 1922 but came into being later in the 1920s. Early maps (such as the one on the right) suggest that the original southern end of the A871 was at the west end of Scalasaig and headed north from there; the road was given its more easterly course after World War II when a new road was built. The A871 survived until the 1970s but was downgraded along with all the roads on Colonsay. The former A871 is now numbered B8087.