|Distance:||10.9 miles (17.5 km)|
|Met (1932):||A81, A806, A810, A878, A82|
|Former Number(s):||B810, A810|
|Now part of:||A82|
|Route outline (key)|
The A876 number was originally used for what is now the A82 Great Western Road extension from central Glasgow west towards Clydebank and Dumbarton. The eastern end in the city centre had originally been numbered as the B810 in 1922, but was renumbered as the A876 when the rest of the route was completed. The road is believed to have been numbered in 1926, it was certainly open by 1927 (it is shown on the Newnes Motorists Touring Guide published in that year). It was renumbered again, as the rerouted A82 in the reorganisation of 1935. The date in the late 1920s would also fit in with the A877 and A878 numbers which were used elsewhere in western Glasgow.
For more information see A82/Great Western Road.